*A creativity festival: celebrating art, music, crafts, imagination, community, nature, dance, poetry and everyday magic.
*Come in costume, enjoy great food & drinks and interactive entertainment, & vendors displaying and selling goods & services.
*Sunday, October 9th, 2011 from 12 noon until 8pm
*At Jeff’s Pirates’ Cove in Ipan, Talofofo, GUAM
*A unique experience you won’t want to miss!
*Admission: $5 for kids 3 and up, $10 adults
**Groups of 4 get HALF OFF admission**
Activities & Entertainment Lineup
*Raffles all day!
*Rhythm Cheer Company (dance)
*Top Motion Koreo (dance)
*Steven LeFever (act)
*Diversity dance crew (dance)
*Free Tarot readings by Elle Craig
*Amber Helgeson & Elle Ogden (bellydance & fire dance)
*Billy Navarette (fire spinning and Zumba)
*Kids’ Area: bubbles, facepainting & more!
*Live Art session (guests can join in painting fun!)
*Bonfire in the evening
What IS the Luna Festival?
- Inspired by nature (in this case, the moon), the Luna Festival is generally held on or around the full moon in October.
- It is a music, arts & crafts festival where people come in costume to enjoy music, dance, theater, and magic.
- It is an interactive family-friendly environment for all to enjoy the whimsical delight in this action-packed experience.
- Vendors offer a variety of gifts, services and games, ranging from local artists, crafters, entrepreneurs with a purpose, face-painting, costuming, and more.
Benefits of Participating
The Luna Festival is unique! There is no other event like this on Guam and you get to take some credit for helping to make this event truly magical and awesome for the community. You get to share your talents or services with the community and serve by offering a great experience for attendees.
Publicity for your business/organization/group! Your name will be promoted through various media, plus opportunities to leverage the event to your advantage (i.e. A sign-up table for people who might be interested in joining/supporting your purpose). You’ll receive exposure to hundreds of people throughout the day. The previous two years of the Luna Festival attracted more than 500 people the first year, and 800 the 2nd year. We are aiming for 1000+ people at this year’s event.
Deciding if this Event is Right for You
- Do you or your group/business/organization value and love the arts & sciences, in all its forms (creativity, music, visual art, dance, environment, healing, etc.)?
- Do you want to be a part of a unique, fun-filled and family-friendly event?
- Do you offer a talent/service/performance/
products/resources that is in line with the Luna Festival such as: Dance or martial arts, music, visual art, crafts, healing, environment/nature-centered, magic, entertainment, theater, conscious living, health & wellness, families and children, or fun and games?
- Are you willing to fully engage in the process of this experience (specific to your area of participation)?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you are a perfect match for this event! Contact Michelle Pier, event organizer, to accept this invitation today!
IN SEARCH OF:
Volunteers/Crew (entrance, setup, misc.)
Dancers (ballet, jazz, contemporary, modern, unusual)
Magic (show, street, etc.)
2 assistants for the Kids’ Area
Weird, Cool Stuff/Ideas
Drummers (drum circle)
Clowns, Fairies, and other creatures
Balloon art, facepainting
Fortune tellers, tarot readers, etc.
Promo materials (banners, stickers, buttons)
Yoga or other practice
“Free Hug” Givers
any and all talent, ideas, etc!!
ATTENTION VENDORS: If you would like to reserve a booth at the Luna Festival, please download and fill out the VENDOR FORM, and turn it in with booth fee to Nuts & Grains in Tamuning (behind Oka Payless).
Michelle Pier (Creative Indeed)
Phone #: (671) 777-1284
Address: P.O. Box 2844 Hagatna, GU 96932
We look forward to hearing from you!
Michelle Pier, of Creative Indeed
SEE PHOTOS FROM PAST LUNA FESTIVALS:
|2009 Luna Festival|
|Luna Festival 2010|