From Duk Duk Goose Inc.:
“Duk Duk Goose Inc in a Guam non-profit formed in 2013. We have completed 3 episodes of NIHI! a children’s show for Guam. We’ll be sharing those episodes very soon!
Nihi! is a children’s television/internet series and a project of Duk Duk Goose, Inc., a recently formed nonprofit with the following purposes:
1. Preserve and protect our unique language, culture, stories, identity, and resources
2. Instill a confidence and pride in our unique identity and our island community
3. Inspire a deep love for our water, land, and people
4. Promote sustainable and healthy ways of living
Nihi! advocates for:
Chamorro language and culture
Character development (respect, kindness, honesty, work ethic, sharing and other culturally based values and traits)
“6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE AT OUR SEPTEMBER 12 FUNDRAISER:
1. Andrew Gumataotao will be sharing his lovely voice.
2. The Lumineers, Jimi Hendrix, Paul Simon, Tracy Chapman and IZ are on our playlist.
3. There is a tuba bar.
4. Stephanie Flores is making corn soup.
5. The event ticket is actually a bookmark.
6. You love Guam nenes.”
I will be there! And here are the two artworks that I am donating to be included as some of the raffle prizes at this event: